"On June 27, 2018, supported by the public works team of Notre-Dame-du-Portage, Arbre-Évolution planted 210 plants on a municipal agricultural land located in the heart of a network of hiking trails. A trail runs through the center of the plantation, where a rest area has been set up to provide privileged access to several species of fruit bushes and a total of ten tree species. The development was carried out in the form of an arboretum, that is to say that each species was identified using an interpretative panel and that the positioning of the plants is intended to facilitate the full deployment of the trees.
This project was made possible thanks to the financial participation of the municipality, the Rôtisserie St-Hubert of Rivière-du-Loup, the Kamouraska Dental Clinic, Terraterre Ecological Solutions, the Rendez-vous of the Circular Economy, Create Forest Apparel and Seeds of Portage. All of these funders are partners of the Social Reforestation Program™ and offer annual contributions. This plantation aims to sequester 37.8 tonnes of Co2 equivalents after 50 years of growth."
- Environmental impact: This is a project carried by the municipality of Notre-Dame-du-Portage, which seeks to improve a sector of its territory heavily used by its citizens for walking in the forest. The chosen parcel is crossed by various trails that complete a loop including a recreational space. The targeted site is the northern portion of farmland owned by the community.
- Trees planted: 210 and edible plants & bushes.
- Landowner: Notre-Dame-du-Portage Municipality
- GPS Coordinate: 47.765653, -69.602118
- Planting Partner: Arbre Évolution